Pages

Search This Blog

sick of summer

August 16, 2011- I'm sick of summer this year.  That's right, I'm waving my surrender flag, giving up, throwing in the towel, tappin' out.  Whatever you want to call it, I'm DONE.  This hot dry weather is depressing and unbearable.  Don't be surprised if we re-locate next year to the mountains.  Or the coast.  Wherever there are cool breezes and not a 60-day string of 100+ degree days.

Another reason I'm sick of summer: summer has made us sick.  We started the first week of summer with a round of strep throat for the boys.  And we ended it this past month with another round of strep, stomach bug and pink eye.  To top it all off I've got a staph infection on my leg.  I don't understand how any micro-organism can survive in this dry hot environment long enough to infect anyone, but I didn't go to med school so what do I know.  Isn't that why all the retirees flock to Arizona- to live germ free in the hot arid desert?

So there.  I'm declaring an end to summer.  Bring on a cold front!

No comments: