Pages

Search This Blog

take the plunge

September 2012- We just couldn't resist jumping in the clear but cold water in Maine.  It was a beautiful afternoon and even though the water temperature was in the 50s we felt like we just had to jump in.  I normally don't even get in a swimming pool in Texas if the water is any less than 80 degrees.  But for some reason I knew I'd regret it if I didn't.  

In this protected and calm side of the island the water is so clear.  Not the crystal aqua of the Caribbean or Mexico but still clear and you can see several feet deep to the rocky bottom.
Yes, it was a shock to hit the cold water but when we got out it felt so warm; probably because there was such a drastic warming effect of exiting 52 degree water to 85 degree sunshine.  







I'm so glad I did it and can't wait to go back and do it again some day.

No comments: