Pages

Search This Blog

d.c. tourists {part 3- monster jam?!}

June 2012- Monster Jam in D.C.  Who would have thought?  Okay, it wasn't really in D.C. it was in Baltimore, but still I just didn't think this sort of thing happened in a non southern locale.  In fact, I found out I really didn't know a darn thing about Monster Jam.


Here's what I did know:
It was big trucks trucks with big tires.
There's a truck named Big Foot and another named Grave Digger.

Here's just a small portion of what I did not know:
There is a cult fan following for each truck which rivals that of wrestling fans.
Those trucks are SO LOUD even in an outdoor football arena.
They can really get some air over the jumps.
When they crash their tires can pop off and bounce all over the place.
The cars and other vehicles they crush are replenished throughout the event.
This is an organized sport which culminates in a championship event.
My child who normally does not like loud things enjoyed it.
I kind of enjoyed it.





This is El Toro Loco.  It was my favorite.  





So why in the world did we attend a Monster Jam event in the midst of an otherwise normal touristy visit to our nation's capitol?  Julie is employed by the company that produces Monster Jam and she got us great (and free!) tickets.  We had so much fun and Julie scored major brownie points with Pecos!


No comments: