Pages

Search This Blog

naked newborn

June 3, 2010- What is it about a naked newborn that is so precious? Well maybe not everyone thinks it is precious, but I sure do.  And so does my good friend and extremely talented photographer, Tori Faulkner.  She did beautiful maternity portraits for me and now she has captured Brazos as a newborn and a few with his big brother Pecos.  You can see more of her amazing work on her website at www.barnraised.com

I'd actually forgotten how much I love a newborn baby- the sounds they make, the way they curl up and sleep, the smell, the cry they make, their total and complete dependence on someone- even the diapers and attention they demand.

As for the photos, I don't know if I can pick a favorite one of Brazos.  I love them all and will have to figure out how to make money grow on a tree so I can buy all of them!!

 




 



 

The saddle scene...these are Casey's favorite. 

Serious skin-to-skin.   

Simply Brazos:

Here's Brazos in his Christening gown.  Casey calls it a dress.  It is the same gown that Pecos wore for his Baptism and now Brazos will get to wear it too. 

Some with mom...  

Boot scootin' Brazos.  No shortage of boots to choose from.  The gold tops were Pecos' first pair of boots.  The tiny short brown ones were Casey's first pair of boots when he was a child.  And the cactus and indian boots are Casey's two current (non-work) pair.  His Beck work boots were just too worn out to make it into the photo.  And notice my boots are not pictured...they are neither custom made nor special.

This is our favorite photo of the two boys. 

Leather and a baby.  These are the chaps that Casey made and wore when he was cowboying for a living. 









This one with his tongue sticking out is funny because one of the last ultrasounds we had of Brazos before he was born showed him doing the exact same thing.  A glimpse of the personality to come perhaps?

4 comments:

Tori said...

It was my pleasure :)..I love sweet newbie sounds too..and big brother giggles ;)

The Deans said...

He is just too cute! Love the pictures and hope you are all doing wonderful!
~Annie, Dustin, and Hudson

Shelia said...

WOW! What aweseome photos, and I don't know how you'll ever choose! I love them all too! Glad to know that everyone is doing well, and hope Pecos is still adjusting after the "newness" of baby brother. Can't wait to meet Brazos and see you all again!
Shelia

Unknown said...

I just wanna cry - Unbelievable! such a good job