Pages

Search This Blog

breakin' in spring

March 14-18, 2011- It's spring break week here in Texas.  With a forecast of beautiful weather I promised Pecos we'd do something fun every day.

Monday:  First up was bowling.  Pecos has been asking us to go bowling for a couple of weeks.  I think it stemmed from an episode of Tom & Jerry, thus the shirt he is wearing.
developed his own bowling style
checking to make sure the ball will come back

Tuesday & Thursday:  I had a workout class; while I did that Pecos went to a fun art and play session at YaYaBee in Fredericksburg. 
Wednesday:  After a not so cheerful Easter picture session with Brazos I told Pecos we'd go ride the train at Brackenridge park.  Everyone else out for spring break told their kid the same thing and we were all there together.  We had talked about the zoo and I told Pecos we might go on Friday but when we arrived at the park to ride the train and saw the long lines of people for the zoo we changed our plans.  Pecos is not much for crowds and he said "I do NOT want to go to the zoo with all those people on Friday."  Music to my ears.  I offered that we could come back one week when it is not spring break and he eagerly agreed. 
our train; brazos was not as thrilled to take a ride- actually, it was the photo he didn't want, he did fine on the train ride
spring break = ice cream break
playing in the river at Brackenridge park
mr. cautious stepping across ever so carefully
finally in a better mood and enjoying the park
Friday: A picnic at Lady Bird park in Fredericksburg followed by swimming in Kerrville.  Notice the flip flops?  Never thought I'd ever see Pecos in a pair of them but he's been asking me for a few weeks if I could find him some.  He broke them in over spring break and at one point we were eating lunch on the patio at Taco Cabana.  The music was playing and Pecos said he was ready to leave because it was too loud for him to hear his flip flops! 

first swim of the year was a little chilly
Saturday & Sunday: Recover!

No comments: