Pages

Search This Blog

11 months

April 25, 2011- One day after Easter and Brazos is now 11 months old.  Countdown to his first birthday is on and in some ways I'm not yet ready for that milestone.  But in other ways it can't get here fast enough.  I'm emotionally torn and that's normal, right?

Brazos still loves hanging out at the dishwasher any chance he gets. 
And he is quite the character.  I don't know what I'm going to do with him...

We turned his car seat around to face forward.  And yes, I am fully aware that he should stay rear-facing for the first year (two years according to a recent safety report), so please don't turn me in to child protective services.  But whoever makes those recommendations obviously hasn't had to deal with an 11-month old that is so tall he uses the regular seat in my car as leverage to push himself out of his car seat when I'm trying to strap him into it.  And after he's strapped in he constantly pushes against the seat and up against the shoulder straps.  So I solved that problem and turned him around. 

not too sure about facing forward at first, but after the first ride he loved it

This kid is BUSY!  He rarely sits still; not even very long to eat.  And he is strong!  After wrestling him all day long I am physically exhausted.  He is more than a handful so if you see me out and about struggling to subdue him please lend a hand. 

No official stats from the doctor this month.  But he's now into 12 month clothes for the length and for the most part has plenty of room to fill out on the sides and diaper area. 

His two top front teeth are almost in and for now look like two red swollen bumps.  And I think he's also working on molars in the back...also kind of swollen and he's constantly chewing on a finger back there. 

Not walking yet but very close to it.  He's just barely beginning to try and stand up without pulling up on something.  I'd better get in some cardio workouts because it is going to be tough keeping up with him. 

No comments: