Pages

Search This Blog

berry sweet

June 2, 2009- We made a return trip to the same place we pick strawberries- Marburger Orchard- to try our hand at picking blackberries, which Pecos tends to call blueberries. So we put on clothes that could stand a few blackberry stains and headed over to pick. It only took one ant bite and 3 stickers for Pecos to call it quits on the picking. So Oma and I were left to do the picking while Pecos gorged himself on the berries. He was eating them almost as fast as we were picking. I banished him from my box but Oma let him sneak a few more....so I ended up with 5 pounds and Oma only ended up with about 4. I'm sure Pecos didn't eat an entire pound out of Oma's box but she was sidetracked from picking by all of Pecos' antics in the orchard. We had a great time and the weather was nice. We've been eating berries now for 3 days and have had enough....I'll freeze what's left and make cobbler with them. Or maybe I'll freeze them and let my mom make cobbler with them next time she visits!!
This one looks good.
Are you watching?
Look, I picked one!

No comments: