Pages

Search This Blog

first day of pre-k

August 31, 2010- Today was the first day of pre-k for Pecos.  Although it was a tearful milestone for me as a mom, Pecos was somewhat unfazed.  He was mildly excited and not too sad.  He is returning this year to Harper Head Start where he attended their 3-year old program last year.  Perhaps the familiarity of the place made it not so traumatic for him.  Or maybe he is just growing up and that is something I am reluctantly admitting to.  Not sure how I'll manage to handle sending him off to kindergarten next year.

He of course wanted to wear his boots, jeans and cowboy hat to school.  I told him they wouldn't let him wear boots because he may accidentally step on someones fingers to which he replied he would be really careful.  So I insisted it was much too hot and he said he was tough.  Then I told him if he wore his cowboy hat all the kids would want to touch it and wear it so he quickly agreed that wasn't such a great idea.  He ended up in his "city clothes" but still looked mighty handsome.



No comments: