Pages

Search This Blog

run, pecos, run!

April 28, 2012- Pecos wanted to run in the Fun Run that was part of the Wildflower Run 5K & 10K in Fredericksburg.  I had several friends running it but I did not.  I'd like to say it is because Casey was working that day and Oma was busy and I had no one to watch the boys.  But mostly it is because I hadn't been keeping up with my workouts lately.  And I really don't like to run very much!

But Pecos was up for it so off to Fredericksburg we went.  They had a kids 1 mile run and he wanted to do it but I just wasn't ready to send him off running out of my sight for a distance that he's never really run before.  I never thought to take my jogging stroller for Brazos and go along with him.  So he just did the 200 yard dash and that was good enough for him.  


While we waited for the kids fun run to start (over half an hour after they said it would!) we watched the runners come in and cheered for our friends.

Brazos made a dash along the route to the finish line.

Pecos did some stretching before the start.


Then he was off!



We cheered him on.  He crossed the finish line and got a ribbon.


No comments: