Pages

Search This Blog

fair = fun

August 2012- Oh the Gillespie County Fair.  It has come and gone once again.  And this year I was finally victorious in my quest for a trophy!  

I made quite a few canned goods to enter:


Pecos helped with most of them but I'm pretty sure mashing the strawberries for jam was his favorite task.


I didn't get quite the recognition for my efforts as I expected, but that's about par for the course when it comes to me and the canned goods division there.


Things went much better for me in baked goods.


Pecos did a little better with his entries in baked goods.


He had a few entries for the art division too.


The boys visited Oma in the baked goods and inspected some of the entries.


Some of which needed to be sampled.


And then hit the carnival for a few games and rides.



It was really funny to see Casey trying to get his legs to fit in this airplane ride!





Pecos joined Oma to ride in the parade.





The rest of us were spectators.




See you next year!


No comments: