Pages

Search This Blog

who says you can't go home?

August 2012- I took the boys to stay for a week (well, almost a week) at my parents.  We've been putting this off for Pecos because he's not the type of child to just go somewhere and stay.  And Louisiana is just too darn far for me to drive to go pick him up when he gets homesick.  I've never wanted to force this on him because it just didn't feel right for his personality.  But I started talking to him about it in the spring and by early summer he decided he wanted to go.  Brazos went too, unlike Pecos he has the attitude to just go.  Plus with Pecos there to be a familiar face for him I wasn't too worried about him.  

We needed to be in College Station for a few meetings so that was a nice break in a long trip.  Casey came back to Harper to work on a few projects while I went to LA with the river boys.  They are both very attached to their daddy and I didn't want a meltdown from them when it was time for us to leave if he came along.

In addition to riding combines that were cutting rice fields, and meeting Cousin Ellis, the boys had lots of fun with MiMi and Paw Paw.  

Feeding sheep in Paw Paw's barn:



The hole in this fence panel is still there from when I was a kid.  When I was showing lambs we had one that just wouldn't brace or work with us.  We cut this panel so we could tie his halter higher up then his nose and face fit perfectly in it.  After a few days he was working for us great and we went on to many class winnings.  


This is the radio that we had in our barn to play music all night.  The intent was to keep coyotes and any other predators away with the noise.  I couldn't believe it was still there, frozen in time.


Bedtime book reading with MiMi:


Mini golf with Uncle Eric and Ellis, which may have been the only game of mini golf that Eric has ever lost!



Gattiland for games and pizza.  I don't think my dad has eaten pizza for the last ten years and he had it twice in one week with the boys.  He didn't seem to mind.


Checking out Gumbeaux Gator at Boudin King:





Holding baby alligators at the Gator Chateau in Jennings:




By the end of the week I think the river boys had worn them out!

No comments: